Subjunctive KoL: DailyDungeon
There are five types of rooms in the Daily Dungeon:
- Monsters. You fight these like any other monster.
- Obstacles which require a certain amount of Muscle, Mysticality, or Moxie to pass. If you fail, see if you can acquire any items which will increase the appropriate statistic. There seems to be some randomness involved, so sometimes trying again will succeed.
- Obstacles which require a specific type of resistance to pass: cold resistance (the refrigerator), heat resistance (the stove burner), spooky resistance (the giant spooky skull), or stench resistance (the sewer). If you do not have resistance, you can still get through the room, but you will lose about half of your maximum HP. Even slight resistance is sufficient to make it through without taking damage. See ElementalResistance for a list of items which confer elemental resistance.
- Doors. You can try to force the door open, which requires Muscle. If you have a set of Pick-o-Matic Lockpicks, you can try to pick the lock, which requires Moxie. If you have a skeleton key, you can use it, although sometimes you will lose the skeleton key in the process. Using a skeleton key will not consume an adventure. To make a skeleton key, combine a skeleton bone with loose teeth.
- Treasure. In the rooms before room 10, the treasure is pretty low-powered (though this is the only way to get a potato sprout). In room 10, you will get a powerful item: either a key of Boris, Jarlsberg, or Sneaky Pete, or an accessory from Boris, Jarlsberg, or Sneaky Pete which will give +10 to the appropriate statistic. The item is randomly determined each time you traverse the dungeon.
Back to QuestSpoilers