Subjunctive KoL: CampgroundItems
Here's a list of all of the items that you can have in your campground, what they do, and where to get them. To minimize spoilage, the items and their effects are listed first, followed by where you can get each item.
- Rest: You can always rest in your campground, but as the game proceeds, you can acquire better residences to rest in. In order of increasing effectiveness, they are the Newbiesport™ tent, a barskin tent, a cottage, and a house. Better residences also protect you better in PvP.
- Really good Feng Shui: Regain 7 more MP while resting, and decrease Mysticality of opponents in PvP.
- Pagoda: Regain double HP and MP while resting. Also gives you 3 additional Adventures per rollover.
- Colossal Closet: You can store items and meat here, protecting them from being stolen in PvP (unless you don't have any in your inventory).
- Relax in Beanbag Chair: Relaxing gains you no HP, but more MP.
- Cheap Toaster: Produces toast up to three times per day.
- Evil Golden Arches: Produces one random Evil Food once per day.
- Trophy Case: Here, you may select which of your trophies are displayed in your profile.
- Kingdom of Loathing Certificate of Participation: This proudly displays your certificate. Go, you!
- Bartender-in-the-box: Allows you to make cocktails without consuming adventures. However, it can only make a certain number of drinks (typically approximately 100) before wearing out and exploding.
- Clockwork Bartender-in-the-box: A more durable version of the bartender-in-the-box.
- Chef-in-the-box: Allows you to make food without consuming adventures. However, it can only make a certain number of dishes (typically approximately 100) before wearing out and exploding.
- Clockwork Chef-in-the-box: A more durable version of the chef-in-the-box.
- Familiar-Gro™ Terrarium: Allows you to raise familiars.
- Meat Locker: Protects your meat (to a certain extent) in PvP.
- Meat Maid: Gains you 4 additional Adventures per rollover.
- Clockwork Maid: Gains you 8 additional Adventures per rollover. You can only have one maid in your campsite, so installing a Clockwork Maid will replace any Meat Maid you might have.
- Spooky Scarecrow: Intimidates opponents in PvP, reducing their Muscle.
- Meat Golem: Protects your items (to a certain extent) in PvP.
- Magical Mystical Hippy Stone: As long as the stone is intact, you may not attack other players and other players may not attack you. Breaking your stone will make you a PvP player.
- Pretty Bouquet (up to 9): Distracts opponents in PvP, reducing their Moxie.
- White Picket Fence (up to 9 yards): Each yard regains 1 additional MP while resting, and decreases Mysticality of opponents in PvP.
- Barbed-Wire Fence (up to 9 yards): Scratches up opponents in PvP.
And now, how to obtain the items. Note that you begin with a Colossal Closet and a Magical Mystical Hippy Stone, and you can always rest even if you don't have anywhere to rest (though it'll be less effective).
- Newbiesport™ tent: Buy one at the Demon Market.
- barskin tent: Obtain a bar skin and some wooden stakes by adventuring in the Spooky Forest. Then combine them.
- cottage: Obtain a bowl of cottage cheese from the Outskirts of Cobb's Knob, and some anticheese from the Distant Lands Dude Ranch Adventure at the Shore. Then combine them.
- house: Complete the quest in the StrangeLeaflet.
- Really good Feng Shui: Obtain Feng Shui for Big Dumb Idiots, a decorative fountain, and some windchimes from the Hippy Camp. Use the Feng Shui for Big Dumb Idiots to obtain the really good Feng Shui.
- Pagoda: You'll need to get some pagoda plans, and then use them appropriately. For help, see PagodaPlans.
- beanbag chair: Combine a filthy knitted dread sack (from the Hippy Camp) with a hill of beans (from the Cobb's Knob Treasury).
- cheap toaster: Given to you as a reward for taking 32 trips at the Shore.
- Evil Golden Arches: Obtain two evil golden arches by adventuring at the Deep Fat Friar's Gate. Then combine them.
- trophy case: Appears automatically as soon as you obtain your first trophy. See TrophyHut for information on trophies.
- Certificate of Participation: Complete the TootOriole's quest.
- Bartender-in-the-box: Create a brainy skull by combining a disembodied brain (found in Fernswarthy's Tower) with a smart skull (found in the Misspelled Cemetary). Create a nothing-in-the-box by combining a spring (found on Degrassi Knoll) with a box (found in the "Fun" House). Create beer goggles by combining two beer lenses (found in the Typical Tavern). Combine the brainy skull and the beer goggles to get a bartender skull. Combine the bartender skull with the nothing-in-the-box to make a bartender-skull-in-the-box. Combine the bartender-skull-in-the-box with a cocktailcrafting kit (available in the Demon Market) to get a bartender-in-the-box.
- Clockwork Bartender-in-the-box: Follow the recipe as above, but replace the brainy skull with a clockwork sphere, which you can obtain by supertinkering. See SupertinkerRecipes for details.
- Chef-in-the-box: Create a brainy skull and nothing-in-the-box as above. Combine the brainy skull with a chef's hat (found in the Cobb's Knob Outskirts) to make a chef skull. Combine the chef skull with the nothing-in-the-box to make a chef-skull-in-the-box. Combine the chef-skull-in-the-box with an E-Z Cook Oven™ to make a chef-in-the-box.
- Clockwork Chef-in-the-box: Follow the recipe as above, but replace the brainy skull with a clockwork sphere, which you can obtain by supertinkering. See SupertinkerRecipes for details.
- Familiar-Gro™ Terrarium: Buy one at the Demon Market.
- Meat Locker: Obtain a locked Orcish meat locker, a crusty L-shaped piece of metal, and a rusty L-shaped piece of metal by adventuring in the Haiku Dungeon. Combine the crusty L-shaped piece of metal and the rusty L-shaped piece of metal to make a T-bone key. Use the T-bone key to unlock the locker, obtaining an empty Orcish meat locker and a meat stack.
- Meat Maid: Make a brainy skull as above. Combine with a maiden wig (found on Degrassi Knoll) to make a maid head. Combine a meat engine (see TheShore for details) with a frilly skirt (also found on Degrassi Knoll) to make a Meat maid body. Combine the two to make a Meat maid.
- Clockwork Maid: Follow the recipe as above, but replace the brainy skull with a clockwork sphere, which you can obtain by supertinkering. See SupertinkerRecipes for details.
- Spooky Scarecrow: Obtain a spooky stick, a spooky shrunken head, and some wooden stakes from the Spooky Forest. Combine the spooky stick with the spooky shrunken head to make a spooky staff. Combine the spooky staff with the wooden stakes to make a spooky scarecrow.
- Meat Golem: Combine some fairy gravy (found in the Haiku Dungeon) with a dried face (found in the Spooky Forest) to make a meat face. Combine the meat face with a wooden figurine (obtained from the Hermit) to make a lifeless meat doll. Combine the lifeless meat doll with some magicalness-in-a-can (bought at the Demon Market) to make a meat golem.
- Magical Mystical Hippy Stone: If you go two weeks without attacking, you will be given the option to reassemble your Magical Mystical Hippy Stone.
- Pretty bouquets: To receive a pretty flower, attack in PvP for flowers. You also occasionally receive a pretty flower when you PvP for items and the defender has a meat golem. Combine two to make a pretty bouquet.
- White picket fences: Found in Whitey's Grove.
- Barbed-wire fences: Found in the Large Donkey Mountain Ski Resort at The Shore.